Started here: Knitting 101: Learn How to Knit
Then tried this: How to Knit a Hat
- [Easiest] Slide first stitch off left needle (let it hang), slip a stitch from the right needle to the left, pick up the hanging stitch with the right needle. This swaps the two stitches. Place stitch marker before continuing.
- Cast on one extra stitch, transfer one stitch from the left needle to the right, and bind off, transfer that stitch to the left needle. Place stitch marker and transfer a stitch from the left needle to the right. [Might make a smoother edge.]
- Don’t join and weave in the tail to hide the “jog”.
- “Slip a stitch knitwise” – insert your right-hand needle into the stitch from left to right, as if you were going to knit it.
- “Slip a stitch purlwise” – insert your right-hand needle into the stitch from right to left, as if you were going to purl it.